Black Sash seeks to appoint Part-Time Regional Administrators, 3 (three) vacancies available based in the following regions:
Western Cape Regional Office
Kwa-Zulu/ Natal Regional Office
Gauteng Regional Office
The Black Sash aim is to enable the strengthening of a vibrant civil society, particularly at a local level, which observes, organises and acts, with an emphasis on the needs and experience of women and the girls, to: i) Recognise and exercise their human rights, particularly their social and economic rights; and ii) Create a society that has effective laws and delivery systems, including comprehensive social protection for the most vulnerable. We want to ensure that all sectors of society take responsibility for reducing inequality and poverty. Our belief is that through individual and collective non-violent action, active citizens have the power to change their own situation and impact on society as a whole.
The core responsibilities include:
1. Reception: Switchboard duties – answering & transferring of phone calls, keep reception area and own office space neat & tidy. Receives Black Sash visitors, print and distributes helpline and general flyers; refers to helpline or other organisations where appropriate.
2. Office Administration: Office filing and correspondence:Records andcirculates incoming faxes / mail to appropriate staff – collects / sends post – arranges courier on Regional Manager or designated staffrequest. Ordering of office stationery & purchasing of cleaning materials and office consumables – keeps track of stock for replenishment.
3. HR Administration: Keeping and filing copies of leave application forms, time-sheets and supporting documentation. Compiles & sends monthly leave schedule to HR Officer in the first week of each new month. Supervises cleaner - when applicable
4. Regional Programmes & Project logistical support: As per Regional Manager instruction, assists regional staff and / or national project administrator and liaise with community partners to organise meetings, information events, dialogues or capacity training workshops.
5. Financial Administration: Together with Regional Manager, submits cash transfer requests to national office. Checks & prepares invoices for services rendered or products delivered for signing off by Regional Manager. Faxes or scans & emails all signed invoices to national office for payment with payment requisition forms
6. Office Equipment & Maintenance: Maintains office equipment especially computers, copier/fax/scanner & telephone system and report deficiencies or malfunctioning equipment for resolution.
7. Data Capture: The regional administrator is responsible for the capturing of information on Black Sash database –Sashbase. Provide partner support and the capture of Partner Surveys onto Tablets for collation at National Office. Support point for partners related to project activities and tablets in regard to capturing; uploading and monitoring of data usage. Responsible for auditing and updating Regional Sash-base contacts, events etc to ensure quality of capturing and that information is updated as needed.
Qualifications: 1) Matriculation exemption plus relevant office and administrative experience
Experience: 1) 3-5 years experience in providing administrative support in a small- to medium- sized business environment
Knowledge & Skills: 1) Proficient in office software such as MS Office, web browsers and typing speed of 40 wpm 2) Good time management 3) Attention to detail 4) Ability to multi-task and have good Administration skills 4) Good communication, interpersonal and listening skills
Languages: Good command of spoken and written English is required, and at least one other South African language
The Black Sash is looking for a candidate that is committed to human rights, access to justice, development and empowerment with integrity, honesty and has respect for confidentiality. A person who will be able to work in a team and with a transparent, accountable and consultative style and embrace the values, vision, strategies and policies of the Black Sash. A candidate who is able to think pro-actively, creatively and responsively and prepared to work hard, under pressure and to deadline.
Preference will be given to women in line with our Employment Equity Plan.
Closing Date: 31 March 2017
Start date: Immediately
Employment Type: Permanent (Half Day – 3.5 hours)
Basic Salary:R 3 333.00
Benefits:Pension, Medical Allowance & 13th Cheque/ Bonus
To apply, submit a Motivational Letter and CV (one document), including three contactable referees to:
Enquiries: Mr. JS Marques Tel #: (021) 686 6952
(A full job description is available on request from the HR Officer)
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within a month from the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.