ADVERT FOR THE POSITION OF SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR TO NATIONAL MANAGEMENT
Black Sash seeks to appoint a Senior Administrator to National Management, based in Mowbray, Cape Town.
The Black Sash mission is working towards the realisation of socio-economic rights, as outlined in the SA constitution 1996, with the emphasis on social security and social protection for the most vulnerable, particularly women and children. We will, in the course of our work, explore options to significantly help to reduce poverty and inequality.
We believe that the implementation of socio-economic rights demands open, transparent and accountable governance (state, corporate and civil society). To this end we will promote active civic engagement by all living in South Africa, made possible by a strong and vibrant civil society comprising community based organisations, non-governmental organisations, coalitions and movements.
The overall purpose of the Senior Administrator to National Management is to provide quality administrative support to national management. This job includes working over weekends and after hours.
The core responsibilities:
- Minute-taking (including management & trust meetings) and report writing.
- Maintain the integrity and accuracy of the organisation’s database.
- Administration support to several national managers
- Governance/ logistical support.
- Meeting and workshop support.
1) Tertiary Qualification eg. BA Administration and/or Secretarial Diploma/Certicate at a Tertiary Institution 2) An unendorsed driver’s licence is essential
Knowledge & Skills
1) Excellent English language skills (verbal, written and editing); 2) Advance computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint presentations;) 3) Strong organisational and planning skill;s 4) Excellent people relations skills; 5) Ability to work independently and under pressure; 6) Excellent project management skills; have ability to multi-task and be proactive.
1) Minimum of three years experience as a Senior Administrator; 2) 3 to 5 years working experience in data administration and one or more of the areas such as Resource, Office and Project Administration; 3) Experience of secretarial support to governing structures and management committees.
Languages: Good command of spoken and written English is required, and at least one other South African language.
The Black Sash is looking for a candidate that is committed to human rights, access to justice, development and empowerment with integrity, honesty and has respect for confidentiality. A person who will be able to work in a team and with a transparent, accountable and consultative style and embrace the values, vision, strategies and policies of the Black Sash.
A candidate who is able to think pro-actively, creatively and responsively and prepared to work hard, under pressure and to deadline, often beyond normal office hours, and to travel occasionally.
Preference will be given to women.
Closing Date: 25 March 2019
Start date: Immediately
Employment Type: Permanent
Basic Salary: R 18,780.93 per month (including benefits)
Benefits: Pension, Medical Allowance & 13th Cheque/ Bonus
To apply, submit a Cover Letter and CV (one document), including three contactable referees to:
Enquiries: Mr. JS Marques Tel #: (021) 686 6952
A full job description is available on request. For more information about the Black Sash, refer to www.blacksash.org.za
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within a month from the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Trustees: Yasmin Turton (Chairperson), Mary-Jane Morifi (Deputy Chairperson) Sibongile (Bongi) Mkhabela, Mieke Krynauw, Janeen de Klerk, Maleshini Naidoo, Nolundi Luwaya and Matilda Smith. Patron: Maria (Mary) Burton, National Director: Lynette Maart
Trust Registration Number: IT 1179/85Non-profit Organisation Registration number: 006-214Public Benefit Organisation Registration number: 930005962 BBBEE (Socio-economic development beneficiary certificate)