This report on the Eastern Cape Health Consultative workshop is the first of nine provincial reports that documents an initial conceptualization of citizen values on national health system reform.
The Eastern Cape Health Consultative workshop took place from 10 to 12 May 2010 in Port Elizabeth. There were 63 participants from different regions of the province. Participants were chosen on the basis of geographic and sectoral representation. Attendees were sent by community based organisations (such as paralegal advice offices); health affiliated organisations and NGO's.
- Read the Executive Summary of the Eastern Cape Consultative Workshop held in Port Elizabeth on 10-12 May 2010
- Read the Full Report of the Eastern Cape Consultative Workshop held in Port Elizabeth on 10-12 May 2010
- View the presentation "The Right to Health - Rights and Responsibilities" by Elroy Paulus (Advocacy Programme Manager - Black Sash)
- View the presentation "Performance of the South Africa Health System: Key Issues" - by Professor Di McIntyre - Health Economics Unit (HEU) - University of Cape Town (UCT)
- View the presentation "Health and Health Services in the Eastern Cape: Key Issues" - by Professor Di McIntyre - (HEU-UCT)