The Black Sash, in partnership with HEU and Health-e, held its 4th consultative workshops in Mafikeng, North West Province on the 4th and 5th of October 2010. 65 community-based participants from each of the four district municipalities were represented at the workshop.
Participants were chosen for their geographic and sectoral representation. They were selected by community based organisations (such as paralegal advice offices); health affiliated organisations and NGO’s.
- View the final report on the North West Health Consultation Workshop
- View the presentation on "The Right to Health" by Black Sash Advocacy Programme Manager Elroy Paulus
- View the presentation "Performance of the South Africa Health System: Key Issues" - by Di McIntyre - Health Economics Unit (HEU) - University of Cape Town (UCT)
- View the presentation "Health and Health Services in the North West Province: Key Issues" - by by Di McIntyre - Health Economics Unit (HEU) - University of Cape Town (UCT) (note: apprx 3Mb File)
- View our image gallery of the North West Workshop