Vacancy: Resource Mobilisation Officer (RMO)
ADVERT FOR THE POSITION OF RESOUCE MOBILISATION OFFICER
Black Sash seeks to appoint a national Resource Mobilisation Officer, based in Mowbray, Cape Town.
The Black Sash mission is working towards the realisation of socio-economic rights, as outlined in the SA Constitution 1996, with the emphasis on social security and social protection for the most vulnerable particularly women and children. We will, in the course of our work, explore options to significantly help to reduce poverty and inequality.
We believe that the implementation of socio-economic rights demand open, transparent and accountable governance (state, corporate and civil society). To this end we will promote active civic engagement by all living in South Africa, made possible by a strong and vibrant civil society comprising community based organisations, non-governmental organisations, coalitions and movements.
The overall purpose of the Resource Mobilisation Officer is to implement aspects of the resource mobilisation strategy, including expanding and increasing the revenue streams from private sector companies, philanthropy and individual donors. The Officer will ensure that Black Sash complies with all donor rules, regulations, and requirements from initial application to contract closure.
Some of the core responsibilities include:
1. Source new donors, funding streams
2. Donor compliance/ stewardship
3. Recordkeeping and knowledge management
4. Institutional compliance
Bachelor's degree or equivalent tertiary education in Social Sciences, Marketing, PR or relevant qualification
Experience: 1) At least 3 years’ experience working with donor contracts (South African and international organisations) or working in a grant-making agency 2) Working with Individual Giving and Corporate Social Investments (including online platforms) 3) Familiarity with donor rules and regulations pertaining to non-profit organisations. 4) Prior experience in donor contract management with large institutional donors.
Other key requirements include:
- Excellent writing skills
- Basic project management
- Ability to interpret donor funding agreements
- Knowledge and familiarity with requirements of different donor agencies Implement basic systems for donor contract management
- Management skills, strong planning, organisational, strategic and analytical skills Good working knowledge of MS Office Suite, internet and database packages Planning and organisational skills - prioritise work and manage time effectively Good understanding of financial reporting and budget processes
- Good communication, interpersonal, listening and conflict resolution skills
Languages: Fluency in spoken and written English is required, and at least one other South African language
The Black Sash is looking for a candidate who is:
- committed to human rights, access to justice, development and empowerment
- able to work in a team and embrace the values, vision, strategies and policies of the Black Sash
- able to think pro-actively, creatively and responsively and prepared to work hard, and to deadline, often beyond normal office hours, and to travel occasionally.
- Preference will be given to women in line with our Employment Equity Plan.
Closing Date: 18 August 2021
Start date: Immediately
Employment Type: 1 year renewable with a probation period
Cost to Company: R 274,393.24 per annum
To apply, submit a Cover Letter and CV (one document), including three contactable referees to:
Enquiries: Mr. JS Marques Tel #: (021) 686 6952
A full job description is available on request. For more information about the Black Sash, refer to www.blacksash.org.za
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within a month from the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. All Black Sash appointments are subject to clear background checks.