Vacancy: Administrative Assistant to National Office (Part-Time)
ADVERT FOR THE POSITION OF ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT TO NATIONAL OFFICE (PART-TIME)
Black Sash seeks to appoint a part-time Administrative Assistant to National Office, based in Mowbray, Cape Town.
The Black Sash mission is working towards the realisation of socio-economic rights, as outlined in the SA constitution 1996, with the emphasis on social security and social protection for the most vulnerable, particularly women and children. We will, in the course of our work, explore options to significantly help to reduce poverty and inequality.
We believe that the implementation of socio-economic rights demands open, transparent, and accountable governance (state, corporate and civil society). To this end, we will promote active civic engagement by all living in South Africa, made possible by a strong and vibrant civil society comprising community-based organisations, non-governmental organisations, coalitions, and movements.
The overall purpose of the Administrative Assistant to the National Office is to provide quality administrative support to National Office.
The core responsibilities include:
- Minute-taking of internal and external meetings
- Writing up reports of workshops and seminars
- Assisting with programme related events and production of programmes related materials
- General office administration
Secretarial Diploma/Certificate at a Tertiary or TVET Institution
- Excellent English language skills (verbal, written and editing)
- Proficient computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, and minute-taking)
- Excellent communication and people relations skills
- Excellent project management skills (Attention to detail and ability to multi-task)
- 2 to 5 years of working experience in data administration and one or more of the areas such as Resource, Office, and Project Administration
- Experience in secretarial support to governing structures and management committees.
Good command of spoken and written English is required, and at least one other South African language.
The Black Sash is looking for a candidate that is committed to human rights, access to justice, development and empowerment with integrity, honesty and respect for confidentiality. A person who will be able to work in a team with a transparent, accountable, and consultative style and embrace the values, vision, strategies, and policies of the Black Sash.
A candidate who can think pro-actively, creatively and responsively and prepared to work hard, under pressure and to a deadline.
Preference will be given to women.
Closing Date: 18 July 2022
Start date: Immediately
Employment Type: Permanent
Remuneration: R 6 084,36 per month (includes: Medical Allowance and Pension)
How to apply?
- Send your curriculum vitae; a maximum 2 (two) pages,
- a letter of motivation, and
Enquiries: Mr JS Marques Tel: (021) 686 6952
Please note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within a month from the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.