Vacancy: WESTERN CAPE REGIONAL ADMINISTRATOR (full-time)
Black Sash seeks to appoint a Regional Administrator vacancy based at the Western Cape Regional Office.
The Black Sash’s mission is to work towards the realisation of socio-economic rights, as outlined in the SA Constitution 1996, with emphasis on social security and social protection for the most vulnerable particularly women and children. We will, in the course of our work, explore options to significantly reduce poverty and inequality.
We believe the implementation of socio-economic rights demands open, transparent, and accountable governance (state, corporate and civil society). To this end, we will promote an active civic engagement by all living in South Africa and made possible by a strong and vibrant civil society comprising community-based organisations, non-governmental organisations, coalitions, and movements
The core responsibilities of the Regional Administrator include:
1. Reception: Switchboard duties – answering & transferring phone calls, keeping reception area and own office space neat & tidy. Receives Black Sash visitors, print and distribute helpline and general flyers and information; refers to helpline or other organisations where appropriate.
2. Office Administration: Office filing and correspondence: Records and circulates incoming faxes/mail to appropriate staff – collects/sends post – arranges courier on Regional Manager or designated staff request. Ordering of office stationery & purchasing of cleaning materials and office consumables – keeps track of stock for replenishment.
3. HR Administration: Keeping and filing copies of leave application forms, timesheets and supporting documentation. Compiles & sends monthly leave schedule to HR Officer in the first week of each new month. Supervises cleaner - when applicable
4. Regional Programmes & Project logistical support: As per Regional Manager instruction, assists the regional staff and/or national project administrator and liaises with community partners to organise meetings, information events, dialogues, or capacity training workshops.
5. Financial Administration: Together with Regional Manager, submits cash transfer requests to the national office. Checks & prepares invoices for services rendered or products delivered for signing off by Regional Manager. Faxes or scans & emails all signed invoices to the national office for payment with payment requisition forms
6. Office Equipment & Maintenance: Maintains office equipment especially computers, copier/fax/scanner & telephone system and reports deficiencies or malfunctioning equipment for resolution. Keep and maintain an asset register.
7. Data Capture: The regional administrator is responsible for the capturing of information on the Black Sash database –Zoho. Provide partner support and the capture of partner surveys onto Tablets for collation at the national office. Support point for partners related to project activities and tablets regarding capturing, uploading, and monitoring of data usage. Responsible for auditing and updating Regional Sash-base contacts, and events to ensure the quality of capturing and that information is updated as needed.
Matriculation exemption plus relevant office and administrative experience
- Proficient in office software such as MS Office, web browsers and typing speed of 40 wpm
- Good time management
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and have good administration skills
- Good communication, interpersonal and listening skills
- 2 to 5 years of experience in providing administrative support in a small- to the medium-sized business environment
Good command of spoken and written English is required, and at least one other South African language
The Black Sash is looking for a candidate that is committed to human rights, access to justice, development and empowerment with integrity, honesty and respect for confidentiality. A person who will be able to work in a team with a transparent, accountable, and consultative style and embrace the values, vision, strategies, and policies of the Black Sash. A candidate who can think pro-actively, creatively and responsively and prepared to work hard, under pressure and to a deadline.
Preference will be given to women.
Closing Date: 09 September 2022
Start date: Immediately
Employment Type: Permanent
Remuneration: R 10 002,71 per month (includes: Medical Allowance and Pension)
How to apply?
- Send your curriculum vitae (maximum: 2 pages),
- a letter of motivation, and
Enquiries: Mr JS Marques Tel: (021) 686 6952
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within a month from the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.