Vacancy: Communications and Media Manager
Black Sash seeks to appoint a national Communications & Media Manager, based in Mowbray, Cape Town with a hybrid remote working option.
The Black Sash mission is working towards the realisation of socio-economic rights, as outlined in the SA Constitution 1996, with an emphasis on social security and social protection for the most vulnerable particularly women and children. We will, in the course of our work, explore options to significantly help to reduce poverty and inequality.
The overall purpose of the Communications & Media Manager is to develop and communicate materials, messages and work of the organization to a range of users, both external and internal, to support the programmes and fundraising aims of the organization.
Key requirements include:
- Sound knowledge and understanding of key issues in the area of human rights, social justice, poverty and inequality, and socio-economic rights and a good grasp of the broader political and developmental context in South Africa.
- Knowledge and understanding of media and communications, and information management.
- Advanced English writing skills
- Website and social media content development and management
- Plan and execute all digital marketing, including marketing database, email, social media
- Develop monthly/weekly social media content plans
- Produce regular website and social media content
- Identify useful publications or resources that will enhance Black Sash’s social media content
- Develop and implement a strategy to grow our following on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram
- Explore new methods and platforms for profiling our work
- Digital marketing for fundraising
- Diploma/degree in digital media marketing studies/ journalism or equivalent
- At least 5 years experience in digital media and marketing/ comms space
- A demonstrated commitment to social justice
- Digital design skills and aptitude
- Understanding social media analytics and social media trends
Languages: Fluency in spoken and written English is required, and at least one other South African language
We are looking for a candidate who is committed to human rights, who can think proactively, and creatively and is prepared to work hard, under pressure and to the deadline, often beyond normal office hours, and to travel occasionally.
How to apply?
- A letter of motivation, and
- curriculum vitae (max: 2 pages), with
- the names of three contactable references
Enquiries: Mr JS Marques Tel #: (021) 686 6952
Closing Date: 11 November 2022
Start date: As soon as possible
Cost to Company: R 472 805,63 - R 515 760,71 (depending on knowledge, skills, and experience)