Black Sash is one of South Africa’s oldest NGO’s celebrating 65 years of advancing social justice and human rights for civil society – their emphasis is social security & social protection for the most vulnerable. They implement three programmes:
- Rights information, education, and training
- Citizen based monitoring
- Advocacy in partnership / campaigns
The current National Director is retiring, and MaraisButton & Assoc. has been retained to recruit a new leader to continue the legacy of Black Sash. If you are a human rights leader with proven experience directing a national human rights organisation, then this is your chance to continue your passion for social justice in our country.
The National Director will lead and strategically position Black Sash as a human rights organisation in South Africa, enhance fundraising strategies and develop high quality Programmes nationally. A key role is to mobilise and manage financial and human resources to ensure effectiveness and sustainability. The National Director will ensure effective implementation of the strategy and report on the results to the Board.
- A post graduate degree/diploma OR 15 years working experience
- At least ten years management experience in the not-for-profit sector
- Demonstrated commitment to human rights, access to justice, development and empowerment, with a particular concern for issues affecting women and girls
- Knowledge of the role of civil society in building democracy
- At least 5 – 8 years programme management experience
- Proven experience and successful achievements in international and local fundraising
- Experience in engaging the media, advocacy, training and community development
The Black Sash has a long history of being a women led organisation dedicated to fighting for justice for all and for women specifically. In light of this history and the internal Black Sash policies and practices that reflect it, preference will be give to women.
If this profile describes you, then let us hear from you.
For more information about Black Sash, please visit their website: www.blacksash.org.za
Contact will only be made with shortlisted candidates.
- Created on .